Bullet PR are delighted to announce we are now the retained PR agency for Children with Cancer UK.
Children with Cancer UK is the leading national children’s charity dedicated to the fight against all forms of childhood cancer. The charity funds life-saving research into the causes, prevention and treatment of childhood cancer and works to protect young lives through essential welfare and campaigning programmes.
Cancer is the biggest child-killer disease in the UK. 3,600 children and young people are diagnosed with cancer in the UK every year and the incidence has been on the increase. There are more than 50 types of childhood cancer. Thanks to research funded by Children with Cancer UK survival rates for the most common form of childhood cancer, leukaemia, have increased dramatically over the past 50 years, but for some rare types of cancer survival rates remain at zero.
The team at Bullet are very much looking forward to working with the charity.
Bullet PR are proud to announce we will be working with Brighton Museum and Art Gallery this year – supporting the museum on the launch of Fashion Cities Africa, the first major UK exhibition dedicated to contemporary African fashion.
Too Many Siblings
The exhibition will explore fashion and style in four cities at the compass points of the African continent – Lagos in Nigeria, Nairobi in Kenya, Casablanca in Morocco and Johannesburg in South Africa and will consider recent and contemporary fashion practices in these distinctive metropoles, from couture to street style.
The Sartists (Wanda Lephoto, Xzavier Zulu, Kabelo Kungwane and Andile Buka) photographed by Victor Dlamini
- New commissions, including by Nairobi-based brother and sister duo 2Many Siblings (http://2manysiblings.tumblr.com/)
- Controversial high-fashion outfits worn by one of Kenya’s hottest bands, Sauti Sol (MTV Europe’s Best African Act 2014)
- Garments and accessories associated with The Sartists, a Johannesburg-based creative collective documenting their lives and style in post-apartheid South Africa (https://instagram.com/thesartists)
- Exquisite hand-crafted ‘caftan couture’ pieces by Casablanca-based designer Zhor Raïs
- Apparel by Maki Oh, the internationally acclaimed Lagos-based label worn by Beyonce, Solange Knowles and Michelle Obama.
Amine Bendriouich photographed by Deborah Benzaquen
Fashion Cities Africa opens on April 30th and runs until January 2017.