Bullet PR are proud to announce we will be working with Brighton Museum and Art Gallery this year – supporting the museum on the launch of Fashion Cities Africa, the first major UK exhibition dedicated to contemporary African fashion.
The exhibition will explore fashion and style in four cities at the compass points of the African continent – Lagos in Nigeria, Nairobi in Kenya, Casablanca in Morocco and Johannesburg in South Africa and will consider recent and contemporary fashion practices in these distinctive metropoles, from couture to street style.
- New commissions, including by Nairobi-based brother and sister duo 2Many Siblings (http://2manysiblings.tumblr.com/)
- Controversial high-fashion outfits worn by one of Kenya’s hottest bands, Sauti Sol (MTV Europe’s Best African Act 2014)
- Garments and accessories associated with The Sartists, a Johannesburg-based creative collective documenting their lives and style in post-apartheid South Africa (https://instagram.com/thesartists)
- Exquisite hand-crafted ‘caftan couture’ pieces by Casablanca-based designer Zhor Raïs
- Apparel by Maki Oh, the internationally acclaimed Lagos-based label worn by Beyonce, Solange Knowles and Michelle Obama.
Fashion Cities Africa opens on April 30th and runs until January 2017.